Monday, August 19, 2013

What are you longing for?


This is the result of a writing workshop that was held at the Eat, Dance, Pray gathering in Royalston, Mass., on the weekend of July 27.

The exercise was to just write. There were words on a sheet of paper for all to see, and a question that came from a meditation between the dances that day.

“What am I longing for?”

Stream of consciousness. I’m longing for this & that & good health end to bad habits, clean living, honor to my self & help for my soul and I’m longing for the end to curiosity that only satisfies my curiosity I’m longing for what’s deeply held in my soul so I can forward to whatever’s next. I don’t long for any thing except hot sex w/M. and home and freedom from money worries, security, good health in my old age Longing for Balance in how I live on the world and how I could possibly be the divine spiritual being I’m told I am. I don’t want to long for much except fresh air & summer & end of worry times and places in the sun where I can ride my bike without tiring my knees, without getting hot, without traffic – with speed & beauty for all around me and freshness. I’m longing to live alone and with someone. I’m longing for solitude and an end to loneliness. I’m longing for peace & quiet and open arms. Laughter & music & quiet & peace

What else am I longing for – prayers from my heart that are mine alone and to share. I’m longing to dance like nobody’s watching with everybody watching. I’m longing for feast and famine. I’m longing for independence and commitment. I’m longing for outer space and a cozy place to hide I’m longing to be alive/awake & dead/gone. I’m longing for a freedom and responsibility. I’m longing to live with an angel and a devil I’m longing for nothing and for Riches. For connection and freefall. For Stars and sunshine. For ocean & desert. I’m longing for love & release. For sleep and dancing. For wisdom and innocence. Light & Dark. Sweet & Sour. One Thing and Every Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment